Even as a young boy, Doug would set up small business ventures to make extra money and enjoyed both the creative and analytical processes that entrepreneurship brought out of him. “I’ve always enjoyed the creative process that comes with being a businessman. When I’m asked why I choose to work so much, I tell people it’s just that, a choice. I find entrepreneurship to be both a rewarding and a creative outlet. You can always be better, yet very few people work hard at doing so.”
Doug’s most commonly recognized as an expert in the following fields:
- Transformational Coaching & Mentoring
- The Fitness Industry
- Internet Marketing and Strategy
My passion is helping people achieve their dreams and push through barriers that they might not even know they’ve created. It fills me up and lights my soul. I absolutely love it and thrive when working with someone.
I am currently running 5 businesses that all fill my soul. Much of my time is now spent with my private consulting clients and with my amazing family.
I got his first taste of coaching by working as a sports coach in the mid 90’s. I soon moved onto personal training where I realized that helping people improve their fitness was more about just their bodies. I’d witness a complete metamorphosis of each client both inside and out. It was truly beautiful and I got hooked!
I’ve been involved in the fitness industry for over two decades now and have worked in just about every field the industry has to offer from gyms and certification companies to privately coaching celebrities and doing corporate consulting. Along my journey, I’ve accumulated over 18 degrees and certifications in the health and fitness field. Moreover, I’ve worked with 1,000’s of people, helping them better their lives.
I was picked up by a startup while still in college the late 90’s and has worked in Internet Marketing ever since. It was then that I realized that I could combine my passion for helping others and growing businesses. I went on to attend every course I could find, read any book recommended to me, and seek out mentors at an early age (still do).
Regardless of whether I’m working with a high-profile private coaching client, helping a gym owner achieve financial freedom, or consulting with a Fortune 200 company, I’m able to draw upon my experience and education to help them achieve their goals. This fills me up and spills over into everything I do. It’s my calling.
Doug’s long list of accomplishments and credentials include:
- Featured in many publications such as Men’s Fitness, Shape Magazine, Fitness Plus Magazine, Family Doctor Magazine, and Bodybuilding.com
- Regular Contributor to Pro-Trainer Online Magazine, Los Angeles Men’s Fitness Examiner, Scene and Heard, Santa Barbara Fitness Magazine, Dining and Destinations, and Fitness Professional Online
- International Sports Sciences Association, Masters in Fitness Sciences
- National Strength and Conditioning Association, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Bachelor’s Degree, University of California at Santa Barbara
- Named as a Master Trainer by the University of California at Santa Barbara’s Fitness Instructor Department
- Doug is one of the world’s only Certified Fitness Equipment Experts (FEX) instructors. The FEX training program was developed by the American Council on Exercise (ACE), the nation’s “Consumer Watchdog” in the fitness industry.
- Certified in Conversion Funnel Mastery – a master class in funnel conversion to help businesses reduce acquisition costs while simultaneously increasing both immediate and lifetime customer values.
Other certifications related to fitness and health:
- United States Weightlifting Federation Club Coach
- Certified Specialist in Performance Nutrition (SPN)
- Certified Specialist in Fitness for Older Adults (SFOA)
- Certified Youth Fitness Trainer (YFT)
- Certified Fitness Therapist (FT)
- Certified in Martial Arts Conditioning (SMAC)
- Certified Specialist in Adaptive Fitness (SAF)
- Certified Water Fitness Trainer (WFT)
- Certified Endurance Fitness Trainer (EFT)
- Certified Specialist in Sports Conditioning (SSC)
- Certified SPARQ Trainer (Speed, Power, Agility, Reaction, and Quickness)
- National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association, Certified Personal Trainer
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), Advanced Specialization in Corrective Exercise Specialist
- Master Trainer from the International Sports Sciences Association
- Master of Sports Sciences (MSS)
Certifications in Digital Marketing include:
- Google AdWords Certified
- Conversion Funnel Mastery
- Paid Traffic Mastery
- Content Marketing Mastery
- Social & Community Mastery
- Search Marketing Mastery
- Email Marketing Mastery