Even as a young boy, Doug would set up small business ventures to make extra money and enjoyed both the creative and analytical processes that entrepreneurship brought out of him. “I’ve always enjoyed the creative process that comes with being a businessman. When I’m asked why I choose to work so much, I tell people it’s just that, a choice. I find entrepreneurship to be both a rewarding and a creative outlet. You can always be better, yet very few people work hard at doing so.”
Doug’s most commonly recognized as an expert in the following fields:
- The Fitness Industry
- Internet Marketing and Strategy
- Informational and Motivational Speaking
Doug has been involved in the fitness industry for nearly two decades and has worked in Internet Marketing since the late 90’s. Doug’s vast experience, combined with a passion for helping people, has led him to work in just about every aspect of the fitness industry.
Doug Holt is also the managing CEO of Conditioning Specialists, running the day-to-day business operations as well as providing fitness services to clientele. Doug is able to draw upon his experience as a former gym manager, recreational sports supervisor, and his years in the exercise equipment industry to give clients a well-rounded offering of services. Doug Holt is also the owner of Santa Barbara Fitness Magazine and Fitness Professional Online, former Assistant Director for the International Sports Sciences Association, as well as the former Director of Information Services for the National Board of Fitness Examiners. Doug has taught and developed courses internationally and locally such as the ones at the Santa Barbara Business School.
Doug is currently working on developing course material for entrepreneurs and executives to help them with both their businesses and their personal lives. He is a regular contributor to many publications and has been featured as an expert in the field of fitness.
Doug’s long list of accomplishments and credentials include:
- Featured in many publications such as Men’s Fitness, Shape Magazine, Fitness Plus Magazine, Family Doctor Magazine, and Bodybuilding.com
- Regular Contributor to Pro-Trainer Online Magazine, Los Angeles Men’s Fitness Examiner, Scene and Heard, Santa Barbara Fitness Magazine, Dining and Destinations, and Fitness Professional Online
- International Sports Sciences Association, Masters in Fitness Sciences
- National Strength and Conditioning Association, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Bachelor’s Degree, University of California at Santa Barbara
- Named as a Master Trainer by the University of California at Santa Barbara’s Fitness Instructor Department
- Doug is one of the world’s only Certified Fitness Equipment Experts (FEX) instructors. The FEX training program was developed by the American Council on Exercise (ACE), the nation’s “Consumer Watchdog” in the fitness industry.
- Certified in Conversion Funnel Mastery – a master class in funnel conversion to help businesses reduce acquisition costs while simultaneously increasing both immediate and lifetime customer values.
Other certifications related to fitness and health:
- United States Weightlifting Federation Club Coach
- Certified Specialist in Performance Nutrition (SPN)
- Certified Specialist in Fitness for Older Adults (SFOA)
- Certified Youth Fitness Trainer (YFT)
- Certified Fitness Therapist (FT)
- Certified in Martial Arts Conditioning (SMAC)
- Certified Specialist in Adaptive Fitness (SAF)
- Certified Water Fitness Trainer (WFT)
- Certified Endurance Fitness Trainer (EFT)
- Certified Specialist in Sports Conditioning (SSC)
- Certified SPARQ Trainer (Speed, Power, Agility, Reaction, and Quickness)
- National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association, Certified Personal Trainer
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), Advanced Specialization in Corrective Exercise Specialist
- Master Trainer from the International Sports Sciences Association
- Master of Sports Sciences (MSS)